Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Common Four-ring

The twenty seventh butterfly in the series is the Common Four-ring ( Ypthima huebneri ).


Since I started this photographic census of the butterflies of our garden, my wife, Aarina, too has been quite interested in learning the names of butterflies. Infact most of the butterflies in this series were identified by her, while I was editing the images ( which does not take more than 2-3 minutes).


A few months ago, butterflies were identified by their colour at home; "Oh! thats a blue butterfly" "Wow! such a pretty orange butterfly". Today the lines are, "there goes a glassy tiger ". "Oh is that a Striped tiger or a plain tiger on the Ixora bush" This butterfly count has been such a rewarding and learning experience for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. Delson sir, you have amazing collection of these butterfly pics. Keep it up for us.
    I want to ask u something, I think you may be interested in a Nature blog competition held by me on my blog. I have started my blog to aware the people about the Nature and as a part of it I have organized a Nature blog competition first time in my life. So if you want to know more about it then please visit the following link http://mylittlecontributiontonature.blogspot.com/2013/10/nature-blog-competition-2013.html
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete